This position is responsible for the operation of automatic optical inspection (AOI) equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Load appropriate program into AOI equipment
- Run equipment and review calls to determine if calls are defects.
- Trained to IPC-A-610 or J-STD-001. Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of surface mount technology (SMT) parts and processes.
- Ability to accurately perform required visual inspection, as required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Able to perform detailed/tedious work for extended periods.
- Able to understand and follow daily work direction and process instructions as received verbally or in writing from supervisor or other qualified person.
- Ability to understand and follow posted procedures.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- The ability to interpret an AOI call and determine if it is a defect.
- The ability to read and interpret product documentation.
- Strong computer skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.