Under general supervision, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing invoices, researching and resolving inquiries, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures, and internal operations practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coding and data entry of invoices.
- Researching and resolving accounts payable issues with vendors and/or internal personnel.
- Fielding and responding to vendor inquiries.
- Preparation of all payable check runs for approval.
- Processing approved payable check runs, including matching of invoices to checks.
- Maintenance of A/P files.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Assistant Controller.
- College degree in accounting or related area preferred, but not required.
- One year of accounting or office experience, payables preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel) required.
- MRP/ERP experience preferred.
- Strong communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.