The Assistant Controller is responsible for maintaining accounting policies and procedures that ensure the highest level of efficiency while maintaining appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP. The position operates in a fast-paced, diverse and hands-on environment and requires effective staff management and delegation to achieve department objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively and efficiently complete the month-end close process, including account analysis and reconciliation as well as recording journal entries.
- Ensure all transactions are accounted for in accordance with US GAAP.
- Monitor engineering projects to ensure all costs are captured and projects are within budget; prepare project billing summaries and related invoices.
- Coordinate cost accounting activities.
- Manage the sales and use tax process.
- Compile and distribute daily sales analysis report.
- Ensure sales commissions are calculated and paid timely.
- Generate accurate, complete and timely reports at the request of management.
- Prepare schedules and analysis for audit.
- Supervise staff and ensure tasks are complete timely.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent required.
- At least 5 years of related experience.
- Public accounting experience required.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of US GAAP.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, lookup formulas, etc.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience managing staff preferred.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.