Responsible for the safety and supervision of workers in multiple functions and shifts in the warehouse areas including, receiving, put away, issuing material, kitting, and logistics. The Assistant Distribution Manager is responsible for proper system transactions and proper handling and safety of materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for safety of warehouse associates and company goods (raw material & finished goods).
- Supervises and reviews daily activities of warehouse associates.
- Manages and establishes optimal workflow, process improvements to continually improve quality and productivity.
- Interacts daily with manufacturing to ensure accurate and timely deliveries of raw material and supplies to production.
- Ensures the timely and accurate receipts and shipments of goods.
- Schedules warehouse team members to meet the production requirements.
- Ensures proper stock rotation.
- Responsible for the scheduling of the CT Truck Fleet.
- Oversees the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery, and equipment associated with the warehousing and logistics functions.
- Participates in meetings with other functional department heads in efforts to collaborate on more efficient processes and interdepartmental communications.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required by supervision.
- Assists in the interview process for new Warehouse Associates.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; equivalent experience in warehouse management will be considered.
- 5+ years’ experience as Warehouse Supervisor or Inventory Control Supervisor preferably in electronic manufacturing.
- Considerable knowledge of WMS methods and procedures, including physical inventory and record keeping practices.
- Familiarity with a variety of tools, parts, materials, and supplies used in the electronic industry.
- Proven ability to supervise the work of others and manage as appropriate.
- Ability to keep records, create reports, interpret information to increase efficiencies.
- Creates a safe workplace by supporting and implementing plant safety policies.
- Ensures that warehouse employees are properly trained in all necessary tasks.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.