The Assistant Program Manager (APM), together with the Program Manager (PM), is the primary point of contact for the customer. Together the APM and the PM lead a cross-functional team to ensure an exceptional customer experience is realized. They also work together to meet the company’s internal quality, compliance, and financial goals. The APM, in conjunction with PM, is accountable for the overall customer-program success throughout the full customer engagement life-cycle, from requirements definition, proposal offering, production launch, validation/qualification testing, final acceptance, and all aspects of ongoing production. The APM may be responsible for multiple programs, and programs may consist of single or multiple projects within the program, largely dependent upon size and complexity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must meet specified business and customer satisfaction metrics. Metrics may include on-time delivery, quote-to-cost accuracy, gross margin, excess and obsolete material, inventory turns, RMA management, quality, CAPA management, forecast accuracy, ECO management and turnaround.
- Be a compliance advocate and role model.
- Support the company as the primary liaison between customer and company when necessary.
- Support or lead customer programs successfully meeting financial goals and customer satisfaction goals.
- Support or lead cross-functional customer meetings and QBRs.
- Establish mutually-agreed upon expectations and renegotiations when required.
- Assist with sales-order entry, confirmation, and maintenance.
- Support or lead a cross-functional team in NPI launch and ongoing production work-order release processes.
- Collaborate with Production, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality on meeting on-time delivery, quality, and continuous-improvements goals.
- Ensure programs are meeting financial goals with respect to GM, BOM accuracy, aging sales orders and work orders, excess and obsolete materials, ECO management and turnaround time, and material liability agreements.
- Ensure customer delight, 100% refer-ability, and strong performance on customer-satisfaction surveys.
- Drive and contribute to expanding new projects/sales opportunities with existing customers.
- May be responsible for some or all of planning duties, including release of jobs.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline. Applicable professional experience may be considered in lieu of certain educational requirements.
- 3+ years Project, Program Management or similar experience in an electromechanical contract manufacturing operation
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple customer programs.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with MRP systems.
- Persuasive communication style. Able to develop and give presentations.
- Independent thinker with the ability to make decisions with little guidance.
- Knows when to escalate proactively..
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Superior customer service attitude.
- Sense of urgency.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Attention to detail.
- Works at a faster-than-average pace.
- Focused/Results driven/Accountable.
- Strong follow-up/Approachability/Team player.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Solid problem-solver.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Occasional travel required.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to effectively communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.