The Associate Production Manager is responsible for meeting day-to-day production goals and development of our caring associates including sharing the vision of A Coghlin Companies Caring Associate, associate motivation, communication, training/cross-training, promoting our commitment to compliance and continuous improvement efforts, lean manufacturing strategies, establishment and posting of goals, and monitoring results. The Associate Production Manager is responsible for proper escalation and ensuring timely electronic system transactions are performed accurately and educating the broader production team on the cause and effect of improper system transactions.
- Ensure that safe manufacturing techniques and tools are being utilized. Ensure that associates have proper training to perform their roles safely while they adhere to outlined safety policies and procedures. Ensure timely resolution of any unsafe practices or conditions.
- Foster a culture of compliance, promoting the Cogmedix moto “Cogmedix = Compliance“ in all aspects of manufacturing operations.
- Assist with implementing and coach lean manufacturing strategies to continuously reduce costs, inventory, and lead-times while improving product quality and process efficiency.
- Utilize ERP for appropriate and timely transactions.
- Develop and implement plans to meet production goals and achieve a very high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Collaborating with other internal leaders to perform capacity planning to determine staffing levels required to meet production schedules across all customers.
- Assist with assembly and test staffing, including interviewing, hiring, training, and performance management.
- Lead cell 6S implementation, maintenance and associate participation.
- Establish and enforce procedures to eliminate waste and sustain Lean initiatives as they are influenced within the department.
- Encourage associates to provide ideas for continuous improvement.
- Utilize appropriate strategic and tactical planning and communication techniques to ensure all associates are clear on daily and weekly production goals and expectations.
- Assist with expanding and developing the skills of the production department associates through cross training and other methodologies to increase their capabilities and value to Cogmedix and our customers.
- Collaborating with the Quality team, ensure all direct reports associates have been trained properly and have appropriate training records on file.
- Ensure all work instructions are followed accurately and compliantly.
- Communicate directly and effectively with customers and suppliers as needed.
- Collaborate with other colleagues on quotation activities, materials flow, MRB, supplier quality, process validations, corrective and preventive action, and other activities as needed.
- Identify, report, and propose resolutions to any quality or compliance problems or discrepancies.
- Identify those requirements, which would affect quality and ensure the necessary guidelines are documented in procedures, work instructions, and training plans.
- Maintain cGMP’s and compliance to the Cogmedix Quality System.
- Other responsibilities and projects as directed.
- Positive attitude, excellent communications skills, self-motivator, tenacious follow up, and superior organization skills.
- Superior customer (internal and external) service attitude required.
- College degree, preferably in an operations discipline preferred.
- Ability to manage, lead and inspire our caring associates required.
- Manufacturing operations experience in a medical device environment desirable.
- Knowledge of cGMP, FDA QSR, ISO 13485, QOP’s, work rules and safety guidelines highly desirable.
- Recognized as a leader who is decisive, has strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple functions to meet required deadlines and delight customers.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English.
- Ability to read and understand detailed instructions, manufacturing procedures, and drawings.
- Knowledge of assembly and test methods.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- A demonstrated commitment to company values.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.