The Business Systems Analyst II will support the implementation and operation of the enterprise wide business systems and analytic software solutions. This role will provide direct end user support for problems/questions, develop and document a plan of action, prepare test data and perform testing activities, maintains database by identifying and solving database requirements for performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes complex business or systems requirements, determines solutions or enhancements and develops a plan.
- Works with functional associates on issues and projects with discussions lead by a Director of Business Systems or a member of management.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Document the cause, effect, and resolution to production issues.
- Completes unit/functional testing to ensure total functionality is in place. Creates and executes test plans/activities to obtain end user approval.
- Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Assist in managing an outsource relationship for 3rd party application development and programming consultants.
- Assist network administrator with application installation and testing.
- Develop proficiency in the design and maintenance of database resources; perform related database work. Work with employees to support the development of analyses, dashboards, reports, and ad hoc queries.
- Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Provide minor programming for in-house IT projects.
- Researches available tools and technologies to provide innovative solutions to application problems.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and troubleshooting hardware.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
- Responsible for and participating in the data backup process and disaster recovery planning.
- 4-7 years of related experience in a similar role.
- Experience with ERP manufacturing systems.
- Manufacturing Experience on the shop floor.
- Has worked with shop floor control systems.
- Omnify and Aegis experience a plus.
- Experience building complex assemblies using an ERP system.
- Understanding of BOM structures, job costing, and MRP at a support level.
- Ability to forge strong partnerships with vendors, business partners and internal customers.
- Project management skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office software.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours in support of system maintenance, system deployments, and resolution of production issues.
- A results oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments and has the ability to multitask and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Quick learner with an outstanding work ethic.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, quality assurance staff, system users, documentation staff and management.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation and ability to travel to other company locations.
- Flexibility to work extended hours when needed.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.