The Controller is responsible for maintaining accounting policies and procedures that ensure the highest level of accuracy and efficiency, producing periodic financial reports, and maintaining appropriate internal controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the financial results and ensure reported results are in compliance with US GAAP. The position operates in a fast-paced, diverse and hands-on environment and requires effective staff management and delegation to achieve department objectives.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Oversee the accounts payable, accounts receivable and cost accounting functions
- Maintain a high level of expertise with the company’s ERP system
- Interact with other department leaders to achieve company objectives
- Train and supervise staff and ensure tasks are complete timely
- Provide financial analysis and other reports as needed
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- At least 7 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of US GAAP
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, lookup formulas, etc.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience managing staff required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
The subsidiaries of Coghlin Companies, Inc. are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.