The Director of Material Planning is responsible for the leadership and management of the material planning function, and carrying out its mission, which is to ensure the timely delivery of materials to meet production schedules while optimizing inventory levels and avoiding excess and obsolete inventory exposure.
- Develop the strategic direction, goals and objectives, metrics, and business processes to optimize the planning, procurement, and control of materials in a dynamic, fast-paced electro-mechanical contract manufacturing environment.
- Drive a positive, high performance environment that fosters extraordinary customer satisfaction
- Provide leadership, motivation, management, team building and coaching to a team of Planners supporting multiple production facilities.
- Provide technical direction, support and oversight to the material supply chain and production personnel in the execution of ERP functions.
- Implement policies and procedures to improve materials management and inventory control practices.
- Drive improvements in Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Utilize existing and develop new inventory reports to analyze inventory for the purpose of maximizing inventory turns and for reducing and avoiding excess and obsolete inventory.
- Work with all relevant functions including Finance, Production, Project Management, Supply Chain Management and Warehouse Operations to achieve customer on time delivery expectations while meeting inventory goals.
- Monitor and update key planning parameters, including supplier lead-time, minimum order quantities, assembly build lead times, and safety stock requirements to ensure accurate material order quantities.
- Review excess and obsolete inventory. Work with Supply Chain Management and Project Management organizations to determine root cause and disposition accordingly.
- Verify that BOM’s, routings, and planning parameters are properly set up during new product introductions to ensure proper material planning for new products.
- Analyze material impact of ECO and EOL events. Address customer liabilities as required.
- Generate internal and external presentations. Meet with customers
- Other responsibilities and projects as directed.
- BA/BS (MBA a plus)
- CPIM preferred
- 10 years of related Planning management experience leading a Planning department in electromechanical assembly manufacturing processes
- Strong ERP experience (Epicor a plus)
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Key Traits/Abilities:
- Excellent technical, problem solving, and analytical abilities
- Positive, caring attitude
- Builds effective, positive, productive relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maintain utmost professional composure while under pressure
- Self-motivator with tenacious follow-up
- Superior customer service attitude
- Excellent team development and coaching skills
- Meets deadlines and expectations while ensuring overall compliance and quality
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast pace environment
- Interface well with customers
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.