Provides Technical oversight and training to one or more work cells. Troubleshoots complex systems, subsystems, electro-mechanical and optical systems. Understands schematics and wiring diagrams. Ability to work with Engineering to build set up and operate sophisticated test fixtures. Works closely with engineers, supervisors, manufacturing and programs to effect smooth product flow in assigned cells and to solve test-engineering issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Embraces the Columbia Tech way and all the Columbia Tech policies. Supports and promotes Columbia Tech in all assigned duties.
- Takes the leadership role, gives clear direction, maintains a positive attitude at all times. Has excellent attendance. Takes possession of all assigned programs and helps drive them to completion.
- Possess excellent training ability, encourages and mentors other Technicians and Assemblers.
- Works with Engineering and Production to help ensure the smooth flow of product from assigned work cells to the customer
- Demonstrates the ability to understand complex systems and subsystems including, Optical Systems, Pneumatic Systems, Hydraulics and Fluidics.
- Performs optical assembly, alignment and troubleshooting on sophisticated equipment.
- Tests and troubleshoots power panels that use common currents such as 110/115 VAC and 208/480 VAC 3 phase
- Background in precision assembly, fine pitch soldering and board level rework a plus
- Working knowledge of common workmanship and inspection standards such as J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610
- Uses all types of electronic measurement equipment and written procedures to test electromechanical systems, subassemblies, PCBA’s, electronic systems, mechanical systems, optical systems, and automated test equipment. RF knowledge a plus
- Identifies engineering and production problems, offers solutions & recommends corrective course of action
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively interface with Direct Manager, Customers, Program Managers, Quality Assurance and Production Personal
- Can easily work from technical specifications, technical manuals, schematics and written/verbal instruction.
- May assist in writing test documents, assists in establishing testing criteria.
- Two years of continuous employment in lead role, testing, troubleshooting and engineering.
- High School Diploma or GED plus an Associate’s Degree in Engineering or Technology plus 7+ years of applicable experience.
- Proficient with the use of all types of test equipment including; oscilloscopes, signal generators, meters, computer automated test equipment, optical alignment tools and mechanical measurement tools.
- Experience with handling optics preferable.
- Ability to work under a microscope and perform precision assembly as needed.
- Clean room experience
- Has the ability to support new designs, understands the product design cycle.
- Strong attention to detail, focus, and highest standards for quality.
- Has advanced knowledge of software, firmware and networking protocols, Microsoft Office a must.
- Excellent communication skills (English), both written and verbal.
- Must be able to read and understand diagnostic data and test results
- Knowledge of Test Agency protocols such as UL, CE and TUV. .
- Experience with CAD tools such as Solidworks and Altium
- Has a working knowledge of integrated computation software such as MatLab and C Sharp (C#)
- Proficient with all types of hand tools and small benchtop machine shop tools.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production
area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms. Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.