The Director of Manufacturing Operations will be responsible for managing day-to-day manufacturing operations and longer term strategic manufacturing operations planning. This individual will be responsible for leading and directing manufacturing resources to achieve:
- Compliant, cost effective, on-time delivery of high quality products
- Continuous improvements in labor efficiencies and quality
- High levels of collaboration and team work with all departments
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive a positive, high performance environment that fosters extraordinary customer satisfaction
- Increase employee morale through development, team building, coaching, training, feedback, and goal setting
- Lead and manage daily operations ensuring customer expectations are clearly defined and consistently satisfied, products and services always meet quality specifications, and all resources are fully utilized to provide cost-effective, compliant solutions.
- Utilize appropriate planning and communication techniques to ensure the production team is clear on daily, weekly, and monthly production goals.
- Establish and lead processes to eliminate waste and drive Lean/6S initiatives while bringing cost, quality, and lead-times to world-class levels.
- Manage operations metrics / KPI’s to ensure compliance, maximizing quality, on time delivery, and profitability while minimizing cost.
- Utilize MRP and other tools to perform production capacity analysis and planning activities to ensure proper assembly and supervisory staff is in place to support requirements
- Collaborate on FMEA, CAPA, & Root Cause Analysis.
- Collaborating with the Site Safety Coordinator to ensure that safe manufacturing techniques and tools are being utilized.
- Ensure that everyone has proper training to perform their roles safely while they adhere to outlined safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely resolution of any unsafe practices or conditions.
- Partner with other business leaders to create and share best practices.
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of new business opportunities
- Identify and propose resolutions to any quality or compliance problems or discrepancies.
- Identify those requirements which would affect quality and ensure the necessary guidelines are documented in procedures, work instructions, and training plans.
- Other responsibilities and projects as directed.
- BA/BS Degree and a minimum of 10 years managing a manufacturing organization focused on electro-mechanical assembly
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with:
- Electromechanical assembly manufacturing processes
- Quality systems and continuous improvement processes
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Implementing Lean/6S manufacturing concepts and production line layouts
- Capacity/resource planning
- MRP systems
- Key Traits/Abilities:
- Excellent technical, problem solving, and analytical abilities
- Positive, caring attitude
- Builds effective, positive, productive relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maintain utmost professional composure while under pressure
- Self-motivator with tenacious follow-up
- Superior customer service attitude
- Excellent team development and coaching skills
- Meets deadlines and expectations while ensuring overall compliance and quality
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast pace environment
- Interface well with customers
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Occasional travel required.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.