- The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for developing and executing the core materials strategy and leadership of materials planning, purchasing activities, supplier relationship management, material receipt and inventory, logistics, and warehouse and material flow optimization.
- Collaborate with the entire organization to understand needs of both external and internal customer requirements.
- Collaborate with quality and compliance to ensure processes (including AVL) are compliant, continuously improved, and rigorously adhered to.
- Negotiate favorable payment terms and volume purchase agreements for Cogmedix and leveraging corporate Coghlin Companies Inc. relationship where applicable.
- Collaborate with Columbia Tech materials management team to ensure best practices are commonly deployed.
- Working closely with Operations to implement Lean practices enabling VMI, single piece flow, and Kanban or any other initiative that improve efficiencies.
- Propose and implement logistical concepts for increased delivery frequency, lot size reduction, reduced warehouse space requirements, and improved inventory turns.
- Properly plan materials and place supplier orders and systematically follow up to ensure orders are confirmed and delivery meet customer expectations.
- Determine new means to reduce cost and increase profits.
- Ensure financial objectives of each customer program are met.
- Collaborating with Finance, maintain robust inventory audit and accuracy practices including WIP and inventory auditing, cycle count programs, physical inventory counts, and reporting performance.
- Manage all related material logistics.
- Other duties as required.
- Commitment to compliance adherence.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator, tenacious follow up, and excellent organization skills.
- Superior customer (internal and external) service attitude and communication skills.
- Experience in an ISO 13485 and FDA cGMP compliant environment preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience with an FDA regulated medical device manufacturer (OEM or CM) preferred.
- 5+ years in supply chain management required, with experience in Lean and a track record of developing strategy leading to improvement in materials flow, reduced space requirements, increased turns, and a positive impact to the bottom line.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be capable of effectively establishing professional rapport with internal personnel, suppliers, and customers.
- Should be strong in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Visio and Project preferred.
- College degree required, preferably in business operations. Master’s degree preferred. Significant and applicable professional experience may be considered in lieu of certain educational requirements.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.