Oversee all warehouse functions, including shipping and receiving of finished product and raw materials; stocking and organization; inventory control and relative paperwork corresponding to each function of the warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the training and development of the materials team and conduct performance evaluations which include having concise development plans for the teammates.
- Initiate, support and lead continuous improvement activities within the department. Schedule, lead and communicate departmental priorities with the team
- Manage levels and accuracy of inventory
- Coordinate and manage the Cycle Counts
- Coordinate the allocation of manpower requirements across the shifts based on production requirement
- Work closely with the Production Planner to ensure proper flow of material to the Production floor
- Complete any Special Projects assigned by the Warehouse & Distribution Manager.
- Managerial and/or Supervisory experience
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Sense of urgency
- Flexibility and willingness to change as business conditions require
- A “hands on” management approach
- Ability to interface with all functional areas including Human Resources, Purchasing, Quality, Project Management, Etc. – a team player Under limited supervision, the Warehouse & Distribution Manager is responsible for leading, directing, and managing all warehousing functions, including the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of inventory. This includes all logistics operations and material movement.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.