The Driver will be responsible for making on-time deliveries / pick-ups for Customers (internal / external) and Suppliers. The Driver will be accountable for the safety of his or herself, the vehicle and the goods within it.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Making deliveries / pick-ups throughout the day (on-time).
- Responsible for the safety of the vehicle as a whole (driver, truck, goods, etc.).
- Loads and unloads the material onto/from the vehicle.
- Prepares the material for deliveries (i.e. Shrink Wrap the pallets if need be, secures the material within the truck, etc.).
- Performs minor maintenance such as checking and adding fuel, water, oil and air; checking brakes, tires, and cleaning & washing the vehicles.
- Ensures that the material is delivered to the correct destination(s) (compares the truck sheet(s) to what is physically being delivered).
- Perform any special projects that are assigned by the Warehouse & Distribution Manager and/or the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Manual unloading or operating a forklift to move pallets and parts.
- Calculates totals and extends weights, volumes; enters or scans appropriate data into system.
- Reads, interprets, and accurately retrieves material from warehouse for production use from released work orders.
- A valid DOT Card with ability to be recertified as required.
- 5 years of driving experience.
- A clean driving record –Motor vehicle record (MVR) for the prior 3-5 years.
- No failed or refused drug / alcohol tests in the last three (3) years (this includes DWI’s / DUI’s).
- No MVR Poor or Borderline grading results as per the MVR assessment chart– See the MVR Policy Document.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in warehouse area or truck. The remaining time will be spent in office and production areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.