The Electrical Engineer (II) is responsible for design, development and support of new product development initiatives for a wide variety of clients. Products and projects include electronics and electrical enclosures, PCB development, industrial capital equipment, automation systems, and consumer products..
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for commercial/industrial controls design, component selection, test and debug.
- Responsible for PCB, control panel, component, and cable/harness designs from initial design through final fabrication documentation.
- Create electrical system documentation and execute Engineering Change Orders including schematics, block diagrams, wiring diagrams, cable drawings, bills of material, net lists.
- Some experience in generation of work breakdown structures and associated schedules for electrical engineering related activities, with a systems level perspective, with key requirements being accurate estimating, and execution of, time and materials required.
- Provide design/analysis of servo- and stepper-based electro-mechanical drives.
- Design and debug power distribution systems for a wide range of capital equipment.
- Experienced in the direction of activities of more junior level Electrical Engineers, Electrical Designers or Technicians.
- Proficient with the use of standard electrical test equipment; oscilloscope, voltmeter, frequency counter, current probe.
- Intermediate skill in PCB design, fabrication, tests, and evaluations.
- Capability to design to compliance initiatives and interface with compliance laboratories – UL, NFPA, CSA, FCC, CE, etc.
- Some experience with DFM, FMEA and other development practices.
- Interface with suppliers and customers on designs and specifications as needed.
- Transition of prototype designs into manufacturing.
- BS Electrical Engineering.
- 6+ years design experience in a technical design environment; wireless development experience a plus.
- Demonstrated skill with AutoCAD and PCB design tools (OrCAD, Altium, Mentor Graphics/PADS).
- MS Office Suite Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Visio.
- PLC or LabView programming experience, a plus.
- Ability to interface well with customers.
- Hands-on; electrical troubleshooting and vendor liaison.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Occasional travel required.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.