Working under close supervision about 100% of the time, the EM Assembler I performs a variety of assembly operations associated with a wide variety of electrical and mechanical products, according to written procedures, drawings, and established workmanship standards. Build mechanical and electrical assemblies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work from written instructions that provide detailed methods and sequence of assembly operations using a bill of materials, wiring diagrams and assembly drawings.
- Assemble and fabricate assemblies using company-supplied hand and power tools.
- Assemble electrical panels and electrical boxes.
- Assemble products per assembly process specifications.
- Work with groups ranging from 2-8 people.
- High School diploma or GED with experience, prefer technical school.
- Strong attention to detail, focus, and highest standards for quality.
- Good communication skills (English), both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Hand/Eye coordination with some mechanical dexterity.
- Exposure to hand tools and power tools.
- Exposure to work instructions and blue prints a plus.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.