This individual will be responsible for assisting Product Development Engineers in prototyping, debugging, testing and documenting customer products and test equipment.
- Set up and troubleshooting of equipment and completion of required documentation.
- Assembly of electro-mechanical prototype equipment, including wire and fluidic/pneumatic routings to engineering documentation or instruction.
- Support planned and unplanned engineering equipment maintenance and repair in accordance with calibration requirements and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Simple to complex, light to heavy, equipment assembly per engineering documentation and guidance.
- Machine shop usage and maintenance – low complexity tools.
- New equipment installation and qualification under engineering guidance.
- Verification testing per test plans provided by and overseen by engineering.
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting and some problem solving support within development engineering as needed.
- Assist Development Engineers with revisions and improvements to build and test procedures.
- Expectation for this position requires ability to perform low to moderate complexity tasks with oversight.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- High school diploma minimum – trade school experience in technology discipline a plus.
- 0-5 years of experience in a similar/related role within a development environment.
- Take direction from development engineers.
- Experience in use of MS Office tools required.
- Capable in the use of basic hand tools and test equipment.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.