Performs maintenance service and repairs in the areas of basic plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, HVAC, and general maintenance. Responsible for keeping buildings and facilities in good status to comply with environmental, health, and safety policies. Is knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in area(s) of specialty. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize ticketing system to complete maintenance service and repairs in multiple buildings.
- Optimizes work schedule to accomplish the most tasks while minimizing travel time.
- Performs a wide variety of maintenance services and repairs (e.g. plumbing and carpentry)
- Provide materials and/or tools list required to perform maintenance.
- Responsible for the maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Responsible for the efficient planning and execution of repairs.
- Work with supporting resources in order to accomplish projects requiring multiple disciplines (e.g. IT
- Responds to service requests.
- On call after hours and weekends, as required.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to use computer-based programs (e.g. Word and Excel)
- Valid driver’s license.
- 5-10 years of experience in general maintenance able to perform service as summarized.
- Ability to interface well with a wide variety of coworkers, managers, contractors, etc.
- Able to operate forklifts and scissor lifts.
- Able to operate power tools and equipment.
- Hands-on, positive, get-it-done attitude.
- Pride in workmanship and resulting facility appearance and condition.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- Work is performed under typical manufacturing environment, with little exposure to occupational risks.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.