The primary responsibilities of this position are to 1) lead and coordinate the activities supporting inventory balance and location accuracy, 2) develop improved material handling, storage, and floor replenishment methods, 3) identify, develop, and implement information systems technology improvements, and 4) evaluate and re-design material related process to remove non-value-added motions, transactions, and communications.
- Be an expert in Epicor inventory and warehouse transaction systems.
- Establish operational strategies and tactics by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, resolving problems, and implementing change related to inventory related processes and systems.
- Coordinate daily cycle count audits with appropriate personnel and reconcile variances through part transaction history and any offsetting variances in other locations.
- Responsible for, in coordination with Finance, inventory control processes pertaining to cycle counting, inventory adjustments, nonstock inventory, and the Physical Inventory, to align inventory records to physical counts consistent with agreed to processes and procedures.
- Identify any repetitive process issues and collaborate with appropriate personnel to address and resolve.
- Evaluate methods of material storage and handling in warehouse and factory, and develop improved methods for identification, protection, densification, transportation, and replenishment.
- Engage with operations, planning, and process engineering to implement part level or program specific methodologies to develop self-regulating pull/Kanban and replenishment systems physically and systematically.
- Identify and implement improvements to information systems to output status and performance reports.
- Leverage current information systems and technology, and/or propose new ones that automate and streamline receiving, put-away, and picking processes.
- Lead improvements in warehouse equipment, facilities, and processes through an engineered approach to raising productivity, decreasing errors, and increasing flexibility and reaction times.
- Positive attitude, excellent communications skills, self-motivator, tenacious follow up, and superior organization skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of ERP (Epicor desired) transaction processes and associated material flow processes.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of Lean and continuous improvement techniques.
- Superior customer (internal and external) service attitude required.
- College degree, preferably in an operations related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in warehousing, inventory control, and/or supply chain function.
- Ability to manage, lead and inspire our caring associates individually and as a team.
- Operations experience in a medical device environment desirable.
- Knowledge of cGMP, FDA QSR, ISO 13485, QOP’s, work rules and safety guidelines highly desirable.
- Proficient with MS Office applications, especially Excel.
- Effective project management and collaboration skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Ability to climb stairs, work sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.