This is an excellent opportunity for a technician with some experience to take the next step with hands-on opportunities and a work environment that fosters personal growth as well as teamwork. The ideal candidate starts with a good understanding of Windows desktop and application support, basic but solid networking (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Windows Domains, MS Office, iPhones), good people skills and a solid work ethic. The job involves multiple, daily interactions with associates, managing work from a ticketing system and being a responsible, credible source of assistance to professional staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first-line support for a wide variety of trouble tickets related to Windows computers/software/hardware/peripherals. Respond either in-person, with remote control, or by driving to our local sites.
- Manage PC/laptop setup and deployment for new associates, cell phones, printers, wireless devices, A/V equipment, and anything else technical in nature.
- Build and prepare desktop images to automate and simplify desktop management.
- Manage Active Directory user accounts, basic mailbox issues, Windows image creation and maintenance.
- Maintain IT assets and inventory.
- Participate in company information security efforts, policy and process documentation, equipment inventory, service availability, system up-time, network availability and other initiatives to improve the department.
- Follow up with associates to ensure issue has been resolved for high level satisfaction and work with other team members and escalate when required.
- Assist coworkers with related duties and projects as needed.
- Experience with troubleshooting PC’s, laptops, printers, network connectivity, mobile and wireless devices, copiers, and scanners.
- Expertise with Microsoft Windows and Office products in a Windows Domain.
- Good listening, written and oral communication skills with the ability and interest in delivering exceptional customer service.
- Problem solving skills and ability to cope with new and different problems.
- Self-initiative and motivation to work without requiring strict supervision.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills quickly in a stressful environment.
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation.
- Local, reimbursable travel is required. Work overtime or on-call as needed.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted, climb stairs, and crawl beneath desks and in tight areas.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.