Certify Solder Assemblers to J-STD-001 and PCB Inspectors to IPC-A-610. In addition, when classes are not in session, the incumbent will be expected to solder electronic components both surface mount and through-hole devices to printed circuit boards on a wide variety of sub-assemblies, under limited supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct classes in solder theory and applications per guidelines of J-STD-001 and test students, both in theory and practical demonstration of solder technique.
- Conduct classes in PCB acceptance criterial per guidelines of IPC-A-610 and test students in knowledge gained.
- Assemble PCB’s using visual aids and customer documentation.
- Remove and replace complex SMT devices.
- ECO wiring and etch cuts.
- Touch up complex SMT devices.
- Remove and replace through-hole devices.
- Basic pad and track repair.
- Hand-solder through-hole devices and wires.
- Touch up solder joints after wave solder.
- The incumbent must hold Certified Instructor Trainer (CIT) certificates in both J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610. Master Trainer certification desired.
- 7+ years’ experience soldering to IPC standards.
- Strong communications skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proven ability to read drawings and BOM’s and follow the instructions.
- Demonstrated abilities with both RoHS (lead free) and standard solder.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.