Review and Evaluation product design files and documentation to estimate and labor, materials, tooling, and other process costs required to support volume manufacturing of complex capital equipment across a variety of industries including; medical, robotics, life sciences, printing, and semiconductor manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Confers with prospective customers, internal production, engineering, and purchasing resources to determine product and build resource requirements / specifications.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for quote preparation.
- Development of models and analytical tools to improve labor quoting efficiency.
- Management of labor estimation quote queue to ensure delivery of estimates to required schedules.
- Follow up of estimates to actuals on won business for process optimization.
- Formulate measurable recommendations and strategies that will enhance our competitiveness.
- Assist buyers and engineers on best sourcing solution based on specific opportunities.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience in technical or manufacturing operations.
- 2 years recent manufacturing engineering, labor quoting, or process engineering experience, preferably in manufacturing industry.
- Strong manufacturing process development; analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with CAD tools work instruction development.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal).
- Proficient in MS Excel and PLM systems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced & changing environment.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.