Under direct supervision, may perform duties in kitting, receiving, shipping, and other warehouse functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping and receiving area.
- Distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices.
- Manual unloading or operating a forklift to move pallets and parts.
- Accurate counting and verifying received material.
- Calculates totals and extends weights, volumes; enters or scans appropriate data into system.
- Moves materials to warehouse area.
- Reads, interprets and accurately retrieves material from warehouse for production use from released work orders.
- Prepares required shipping labels, addresses, documents and certifications.
- Maintain accurate records of received goods and rejecting unsatisfactory items when necessary.
- Perform all warehouse functions necessary at auxiliary locations.
- Performs clerical functions involving issuing of work orders, outsourcing and helpdesk support.
- High School Diploma/GED/or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of warehousing and material handling experience.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office and ERP.
- Strong teamwork, communication and decision making skills.
- Ability to effectively manage changing and multiple priorities.
- Strong math skills.
- Read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in warehouse area. The remaining time will be spent in office and production areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.