Plan, prepare, issue, and control MRP production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements; Maintain MRP Requirements, integrity, and accuracy. Ensures shipments are accomplished to meet customer expectations and business objectives for inventory management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide delivery commitments to customers and/or Project Managers supported by materials lead time and capacity analysis.
- Manage work orders in preparation for manufacturing’s release. Ensure kits are short free and lower level makes are prepared to meet demand requirements.
- Assist in the analysis of supply chain issues, work in progress and potential production setbacks and participates in providing recommendations to assure delivery requirements are satisfied.
- Work with the procurement team to balance the material flow from suppliers to manufacturing based on MRP demand.
- Receive and analyze material supplier constraints from procurement team (action accordingly).
- Lead the engineering change order materials analysis to insure correct configuration of material drive.
- Management of work orders to closure through finance and reconciliation of variances.
- Review and enter customer sales orders.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Three to five years of planning experience in a high mix environment.
- Thorough understanding of MRP systems, BOM structures and Materials Planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline or equivalent business experience.
- Strong MS Office skills in Word and Excel; must be highly proficient in creating and updating complex spreadsheets in Excel.
- Strong MRP knowledge required (Epicor ERP experience is a plus).
- Superior organization skills.
- Tenacious follow through in meeting committed deliverables.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding customer service attitude.
- APICS CPIM preferred.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation and ability to travel to other company locations.
- Flexibility to work extended hours when needed.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.