Plan, prepare, issue, and control production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet customer and production requirements; Maintain MRP Master Data Requirements, integrity, and accuracy; Ensure shipments are accomplished to meet customer expectations and business objectives for inventory management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide delivery commitments to customers and/or Project Managers supported by materials lead time and capacity analysis.
- Create and manage work orders in preparation for manufacturing’s release. Ensure kits are short free and lower level makes are prepared to meet demand requirements.
- Assist in the analysis of supply chain issues, work in progress and potential production setbacks and participates in providing recommendations to assure delivery requirements are satisfied.
- Work with the procurement team to balance the material flow from suppliers to manufacturing based on MRP demand.
- Receive and analyze material supplier constraints from procurement team (action accordingly).
- Lead the engineering change order materials analysis to insure correct configuration of material drive.
- Manage work orders to closure through finance and reconciliation of variances.
- Review customer sales order (enter and update them when required) while collaborating with Project Managers.
- Work with engineering and production teams to ensure accuracy of production BOMs and routings.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Assist or shadow senior level Material Planner in planning for complex customer accounts
- Minimum one year of planning or supply chain related experience.
- Basic understanding of MRP systems, BOM structures and Materials Planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or Supply Chain discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Good MS Office skills in Word and Excel; must be highly proficient in creating and updating complex spreadsheets in Excel.
- ERP experience is a plus.
- Good organization skills.
- Tenacious follow-through in meeting committed deliverables and willingness to learn new skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding customer service attitude.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation and ability to travel to other company locations.
- Flexibility to work extended hours when needed.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.