Supervise and oversight of the Material Review Board (MRB) Department. Work prioritization, training and support of the Quality System. MRB is responsible for processing and handling items identified known or suspected as non-conforming. Working with a cross-functional team (Quality, Program Management, and Manufacturing Engineering), coordinate segregation, disposition and replenishment material identified by the production floor as being non-conforming or suspect, while performing all necessary ERP transactions, and procedures.
- Supervise staff to ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Prioritize for staff, processing of MRB’s based on dispositions provided.
- Identify training needs for personnel and coordinate training with the Training Manager.
- Enter required department data daily to support department metrics.
- Consistently review processes for potential improvements for throughput and quality gains.
- Ensure appropriate documentation associated with non-conforming material is in place.
- Ensure appropriate level of sign-offs on disposition, especially of scrap material and material assigned a disposition of “use as is”.
- Contact suppliers to obtain Return Material Authorization for non-conforming materials.
- Coordinate shipment of returned material to suppliers, ensuring all appropriate paperwork is provided, and ERP transactions are performed.
- Follow-up with suppliers on return of material that has been reworked, replaced, or is being credited to Cogmedix.
- Maintain proper control and traceability of materials and non-conforming material.
- Perform other non-MRB related ERP transactions as needed.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Other duties as required.
- Lead by example and promote the criticality of leadership here at Cogmedix.
- Must have previous supervisor experience.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator.
- Superior customer (internal and external) service attitude.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a high product mix, low to mid volume environment essential.
- Experience in medical device manufacturing preferred.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing techniques preferred.
- Experience in basic manufacturing methods preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English.
- Must have the ability to use different computer software to process transactions; i.e. Microsoft, Omnify, and Epicor.
- Meticulous record keeping and tremendous attention to detail is a must.
- A demonstrated commitment to company values.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience working in a quality role (Non-conforming product, MRB, RTV, Use-As-Is, Scrap).
- Certain experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to physically move material throughout the organization.