Manage the material planning function to ensure the timely delivery of materials to meet production schedules while optimizing inventory levels and avoiding excess and obsolete inventory exposure.
- Partners with the Planning Manager to develop the strategic direction, goals and objectives, metrics, and business processes to optimize the planning, procurement and control of materials in a contract manufacturing environment.
- Works with the Production Planners to help assist in the analysis of supply chain issues, work in progress and potential production setbacks and participates in providing recommendations to assure delivery requirements are satisfied.
- Provides technical direction, support and oversight to supply chain and production personnel in the execution of ERP functions.
- Ensures Planning Organization meets Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to measure performance to defined targets (e.g. inventory turns/days of supply).
- Works with all relevant functions including Finance, Production, Project Management, Supply Chain Management and Warehouse Operations for the purpose of maximizing inventory turns, reducing and avoiding excess and obsolete inventory, and maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Monitors key planning parameters including supplier lead-time, minimum order quantities and safety stock requirements to ensure accurate material order quantities.
- Verify that BOM’s, routings, and planning parameters are properly set up during new product introductions to ensure proper material planning for new products.
- Partners with Production planners to analyze material impact of ECO and EOL events. Address customer liabilities as required.
- Lead planning process improvement projects
- BA/BS or equivalent.
- CPIM preferred.
- 7-9 years of related.
- Familiarity with ERP systems (Epicor 9 a plus).
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.