Responsible for all aspects and maintenance of the order entry module of the Company ERP system, as well as providing product margin analysis. Program and product understanding are essential to this position, with emphasis on margin review and analysis, based on active quote versus current produced cost. Intended focus will be on customer price and cost analysis of system vs quoted rates. Regular detailed analysis of part and labor costs, as well as quantity to contract comparisons, are tasks included in this role. Additional order entry duties/maintenance as required by team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Frequent review of customer purchase order prices, versus system invoiced rates
- Analysis of actual manufacturing costs and compare to active quoted costs and quantities.
- Analyze changes in part revision, product design, and manufacturing methods, to determine effects on cost.
- Compare actual product margins to quotes and analyze variances, to assure Program Team that our products are running at expected gross margin.
- Regular reporting of profit/cost gaps to manager, as scheduled by manager and VP of Program Management.
- Assist in full customer/program profit reviews, with focus on overall business performance to S&OP Plan.
- Work with Manager to create and support/update weekly/monthly dashboards, to report progress to upper management.
- Creation of Cross training on all duties of the Order Administrator position. Expectation of order overflow coverage, as business needs dictate.
- Assist in additional team tasks, compiling monthly and ad hoc reports for management, when they are created and/or required, with intent on supporting and driving towards company goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent required.
- At least 3 years of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on analysis of produced costs.
- Expertise in Microsoft environment, with mastery level Excel skills including pivot tables, lookup formulas, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with external as well as internal customers.
- ERP competence, where Epicor knowledge is a plus.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills a must.
- Requires exceptional organizational skills and accuracy, in order to coordinate all aspects of sales administration.
- Must be a quick learner and a strong team player.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, with ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be open to working some early morning and/or late evenings during peak seasons.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face, by video, and on the phone.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.