The Pre-Production Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of tasks pertaining to the Pilot Production project schedule and efficient allocation of labor and material to fulfill production requirements. Champion for quality, training, safety and project standards for the Engineering Technicians and E/M Assemblers. Individual is responsible for working with Pilot Production Manager, as well as team, to meet key deadlines, improve processes and maintain a high level of quality output.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Team leader that demonstrates alignment with the Coghlin Companies core values and mission in their daily interaction and communication with team members
- Provide training and leadership to project team through attitude, action, and superior communication.
- Organize and assign work tasks to Engineering Technicians and E/M Assemblers in order to meet production goals.
- Ensure project meets customer specifications and achieve quality goals.
- Interface with Engineering as required to troubleshoot inaccuracies or other design challenges.
- Maintain clean, safe working environment.
- Deliver constant feedback for all assigned personnel.
- Provide support to Engineering, Management, and Quality through participation in Continuous Process Improvement activities, program schedule reviews and customer requirements.
- Level-load work force to meet critical due dates, per project schedule.
- Work with Management to develop methods for improving on-time delivery metrics across all key milestones.
- Interface with Engineering and client to understand new and existing requirements and ensure any associated process is documented and understood by team.
- Identify and communicate gates and risks to schedule; work with management to secure recovery plan.
- Assist in the development of outsourcing processes; provide support in coordinating schedule with partners.
- Interface with Pilot Production Manager and Technical Project Lead to ensure all critical deadlines are on-track and ultimately met.
- Assist in the coordination of training new Engineering Technicians and developing roadmap for onboarding and growth.
- Communicate any updates to project schedule, assigned tasks and Engineering Instructions with team.
- Conduct daily stand-ups with teams to communicate goals and workload. Use Jira to track progress, gates and completion of tasks.
- Assist Pilot Production Manager in identifying datasets, aggregation and overall development of metrics and team performance indicators.
- Provide additional support to Pilot Production Manager, as required.
- Strong electrical/mechanical background with at least 5 years of E/M manufacturing experience.
- Supervisory and/or Lead Person experience.
- Minimum of high school diploma, Associates Degree or trade school equivalent is a plus.
- Strong organizational and motivational skills.
- Ability to read and understand Engineering assembly drawings, schematics, Engineering Instructions and work instructions.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office and ERP systems, specifically Epicor 10.
- Strong teamwork, communication, and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage changing and multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated interest and ability in developing a Pilot Production team.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.