Responsible for supporting all organizational activities that relate to quoting a wide variety of customer products, manufacturing processes and applications. Support diverse products such as: electro mechanical, semiconductor, PCBA, medical, DOD, cables and harnesses, et cetera. Review customer quote packages and verify all information is provided so that valid and accurate estimates may be calculated. Identify gaps, errors or omissions that pose business risk or impact profitability. Generate and document labor estimates for use in internal New Product Introduction processes. Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering and other departments in developing high quality manufacturing processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review customer documentation: BOM, Routing, Drawings, Work Instructions, Tooling & Fixturing, Documents, Procedures, Test Specifications, Schematics, Labor Tree, Packaging, etc.
- Validate: customer documentation, quantities, Units of Measure, AVL (approved vendor list), Notes, Special Processes, etc.
- Identify all manufacturing requirements, testing requirements and customer specifications.
- Identify gaps, errors or omissions that pose business risk or impact profitability.
- Identify missing information required for CT quoting and/or manufacturing; Perform Gap Analysis (as required) and communicate results.
- Generate, document and communicate cost estimates for new products and/or product changes
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information to management by communicating: technical requirements, production requirements, estimating future requirements and production labor costs.
- Develop and maintain labor estimate templates.
- Communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization including: Bid and Proposal (BP), Program Management (PM), Operations (OPS), Manufacturing Engineering (ME), Test Engineering (TE), Quality Engineering (QE), etc.
- Process all requests in a timely and organized manner.
Additional Responsibilities and Background
- Proficient understanding of fabrication, manufacturing, assembly and test processes.
- Extensive background supporting manufacturing and assembly processes for various products and industries.
- Develop manufacturing processes by: reviewing product requirements, research & development of manufacturing and test methods and evaluating production equipment.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering and Operations to identify: assembly fixtures, tooling, manufacturing processes and facilities requirements.
- Coordinate with Quality Engineering and Test Engineering to ensure product and process quality by identifying test requirements and standards for verifying manufacturing processes.
- Support Program and Project Managers by providing technical assistance.
- Create and maintain manufacturing documents including: Bills of Material, assembly procedures, test procedures, work instructions, etc.
- Process ECO/ECNs in both high volume low mix and low volume high mix product environments with multiple customers and various business segments.
- Develop and improve engineering processes including: ECO/ECNs, work instruction creation, BOM creation and maintenance, documentation systems, assembly and other engineering processes.
- Evaluate and recommend software tools that enhance productivity and accuracy of engineering processes including: quote generation, ECN/ECO, etc.
- Proficient understanding and background in lean manufacturing, DFX, fixture design, part design, design for manufacturing and assembly practices.
- Proficient in ERP/MRP systems, especially: BOMs, Routings/Operations, ECO/ECNs, etc.
- Proficient in Excel, able to manipulate data to support duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Provide guidance, oversight and direction to engineers, technicians and document control personnel.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Discipline.
- 6+ years‘ experience in an ISO regulated capital equipment or contract manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with CAD (SolidWorks a plus).
- Proficient with MS Office (especially excel) & MS Project.
- Experience with MRP/ERP & MRP/PDM systems (Epicor E9/10 & SW EPDM software a plus).
- Solid technical aptitude and understanding of electro/mechanical assemblies.
- Solid knowledge of GT&D, inspection methods and tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
- Extensive background supporting diverse manufacturing, assembly and test processes.
- Experience with New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Occasional travel required.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face–to–face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.