Plans, implements, and evaluates improvements in business processes and practices. Facilitates cross-functional team work to achieve continuous improvement objectives. Compiles and tracks improvement project data and reports on status. Evaluates the effectiveness of the process improvement program and improves the toolset(s) used. Effectively implements strategic business objectives in driving quality and compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve business goals by developing and implementing process improvements.
- Identify and manage resources for process improvement projects.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate process improvement projects with cross functional teams.
- Provide support and guidance to team when needed.
- Develop and maintain process improvement policies and infrastructure.
- Optimize or redesign process flows to meet project requirements.
- Maintain and update all process related documents.
- Train resources in process improvement techniques.
- Work with business managers to identify opportunities for process improvements. Establish baseline metrics for “to” and “from” comparison.
- Monitor and routinely report out on process performance and improvements in key metrics.
- Determines project scopes and schedules based on business requirements.
- Develop and maintain a list of ongoing CI/ Process Improvement projects and track them.
- Work with management to define the short and long-term objectives and potential gains.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in process improvement.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience.
- Strong analytical, oral communication, and technical writing abilities.
- Ability to scope, plan, execute, and track projects with autonomy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional resources.
- Strong computer skills, especially PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of ISO 9001 and or ISO13485 helpful.
- High level of expertise in a broad range of business systems software packages.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to work independently and in group settings.
- Has a results oriented, positive, creative, responsible approach to projects.
Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation and ability to travel to other company locations.
- Flexibility to work extended hours when needed.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.