Responsible for the coordination of the manufacturing activities for a wide variety of products and efficient allocation of labor and equipment to fulfill production requirements. Champion for quality, training, safety and sanitation standards for the work group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide training and leadership to direct reports through attitude, action, and superior communication.
- Organize and assign work tasks to personnel in order to meet production goals.
- Insure products meet designed quality specifications and achieve quality goals.
- Meet production schedule within assigned budget.
- Interface with Engineering as required to troubleshoot inaccuracies or other design challenges.
- Maintain clean, safe working environment.
- Provide constant feedback as well as written and oral performance reviews for all assigned personnel.
- Provide support to Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality through participation in process control activities, and special testing, as required.
- Strong electrical/mechanical background with at least 5 years of E/M manufacturing experience.
- Supervisory and/or Lead Person experience.
- Minimum of high school diploma, Associates Degree or trade school equivalent is a plus.
- Strong organizational and motivational skills.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
- Strong teamwork, communication and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage changing and multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated interest and ability in developing a manufacturing team.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms. Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.