Responsible for the coordination of the manufacturing activities for a wide variety of products and efficient allocation of labor and equipment to fulfill production requirements. Champion for quality, training, safety and sanitation standards for the work group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain clean, safe working environment.
- Learn and understand assemblies by performing assembly from written work instructions and drawings to facilitate training and supporting production requirements.
- Provide training and leadership to direct reports through attitude, action, and superior communication.
- Provide constant feedback for all assigned personnel.
- Organize and assign work tasks to personnel in order to meet production goals.
- Ensure products meet designed quality specifications and achieve quality goals.
- Interface with Engineering as required to troubleshoot inaccuracies or other design challenges.
- Provide support to Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality through participation in process control activities, and special testing, as required.
- Technical background with 5+ years of E/M manufacturing or equivalent experience.
- Supervisory and/or Leadership experience.
- Minimum of high school diploma, Associates Degree or trade school equivalent is a plus.
- Strong organizational and motivational skills.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
- Strong teamwork, communication and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage changing and multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated interest and ability in developing a manufacturing team.
- Ability to lead a team of 5 to 20 across multiple production lines.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms. Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.