Working with little to no supervision, the Production Team Lead performs a variety of assembly operations associated with a wide variety of electrical and mechanical products, according to written procedures, drawings, and established workmanship standards. Build capital equipment, benchtop assemblies, mechanical assemblies, electrical assemblies, pneumatic assemblies, hydraulic pumps, small complex biomedical devices, and electrical components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work from written instructions that provide detailed methods and sequence of assembly operations using a bill of materials, wiring diagrams and assembly drawings.
- Assemble and fabricate assemblies using company-supplied hand and power tools.
- Interface with Engineering and Quality Assurance regarding assembly requirements, workmanship standards and customer product specifications.
- Work with customers to learn new product builds and transfer knowledge to other assemblers.
- Assemble electrical panels and electrical boxes and troubleshooting if required.
- Conduct final assembly, functionality testing, hi-pot testing and final calibration.
- Prepare point-to-point wiring according to wire run-list and diagram in large electrical panels.
- Integrate sub-assemblies, electrical panels, chassis, power supplies and connecting cables.
- Inspect and calibrate final products as needed.
- Assemble products per assembly process specifications.
- Performed processes utilizing tools such as calipers and micrometers.
- Strong ability to assemble, disassemble and repair.
- Lead and manage the work of teams groups ranging from 2-8 people.
- High School diploma or GED with experience, prefer technical school.
- Strong attention to detail, focus, and highest standards for quality.
- Experience working effectively with customers.
- PC hardware, software installation and configuration experience.
- Good communication skills (English), both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to analyze problems and offer solutions.
- Clean room environment experience a plus.
- Experience with complex panels, multiple components and large wire run lists.
- Understanding of “big picture” workings of surrounding areas.
- Exemplifies leadership but does not necessarily manage.
- Has worked on large scale capital equipment a plus.
Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.