The Program Manager is the primary point of contact for the customer and leads a cross functional team to ensure an exceptional customer experience is realized, as well as meeting internal quality, compliance, and financial goals. The Program Manager is accountable for overall customer program success throughout the full customer engagement life-cycle, from requirements definition, proposal offering, contract negotiations, production launch, validation/qualification testing, final acceptance, and all aspects of ongoing production. Program Managers may be responsible for multiple programs, and programs may consist of single or multiple projects within the program, largely dependent upon size and complexity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Success is measured by business metrics and customer satisfaction. Business metrics may include on-time delivery, quote to cost accuracy, gross margin, excess and obsolete material, inventory turns, RMA management, quality, CAPA management, forecast accuracy, ECO management and turnaround.
- Be a compliance advocate and role model.
- Primary liaison between customer and company.
- Lead customer programs successfully meeting financial goals and customer satisfaction goals.
- Lead cross-functional customer meetings and QBRs.
- Establishing mutually-agreed upon expectations and renegotiating when required.
- Lead sales order entry, confirmation, and maintenance.
- Lead a cross functional team in NPI launch , and ongoing production work order release processes.
- Collaborate with Planning, Supply Chain, Production, Mfg. Eng., and Quality on meeting on-time delivery, quality, and continuous improvements goals.
- Ensure programs are meeting financial goals with respect to GM, BOM accuracy, aging sales orders and work orders, excess and obsolete materials, ECO management and turnaround time, and material liability agreements.
- Ensure customer delight, 100% refer-ability, and strong performance on customer satisfaction surveys.
- Drive and contribute to expanding new projects/sales opportunities with existing customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a technical discipline. Applicable professional experience may be considered in lieu of certain educational requirements.
- 3+ years Project or Program Management in an electromechanical contract manufacturing operation
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple customer programs.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with MRP systems.
- Persuasive communication style/Speaks and presents well
- Independent thinker/Make decisions with little guidance but knows when to escalate-Proactive.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills/Superior customer service attitude.
- Sense of urgency/Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Attention to detail/Excellent organizational skills.
- High energy/Works at a faster than average pace.
- Focused/Results driven/Accountable.
- Strong follow-up/Efficient.
- Approachability/Team player.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Solid problem solver/Speaks with facts.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Occasional travel required.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to effectively communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.