The Project Manager is responsible for developing the project scope, cost estimates, timelines, and management of complex Systems, Process, Product, or other business projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops project scope, cost estimates, human resource requirements, work plans, time schedules, communication plans, and makes work assignments to meet project or program objectives.
- Establishes and monitors program priorities, objectives, and procedures, determining area objectives, targets of service, and resource needs allocation.
- Provides leadership and direction to the functional team so that tasks and activities are coordinated for project scope control, quality control, communication management, change control management, risk management and issue management.
- Develops and maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the
- Contribute to the development of strategic initiatives and action plans to anticipate and support the needs of a growth-oriented company.
- Work with internal clients to understand their needs and assess business processes and workflows.
- Coordinate among multiple client areas to deliver solutions on time and on budget.
- Assist day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope.
- Minimize risk and formulate contingency plans.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- BA/BS Degree and a minimum of 10 years managing a manufacturing organization or relevant experience. MBA and or MS Engineering preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Project Management principles, concepts and practices.
- Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to meeting deadlines and expectations while
ensuring overall compliance and quality of delivery.
- Relies on extensive experience & judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- General computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Occasional travel required.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation and ability to travel to other company locations.
- Flexibility to work extended hours when needed.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.