Supervise the Incoming Inspection Department including work prioritization, training, and support of the Quality System.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritize inspections for staff to meet internal material demands.
- Ensure procedures and processes are consistently and accurately followed.
- Identify training needs for personnel and coordinate training with the Training Manager.
- Consistently review processes for potential improvements for throughput and quality gains.
- Report nonconforming product as it is identified to appropriate personnel to receive appropriate disposition of material.
- Enter required department data daily to support department metrics.
- Report to Quality Control Manager any tooling/equipment/resource needs that are required to perform inspection functions.
- Supervise staff to ensure adherence to company policies.
- Perform inspection duties as required.
- High School Diploma and 5+ years’ experience working as an mechanical inspector
- Must be highly skilled using all types of measuring equipment (pin gauges, thread gauges, calipers, micrometers, height gauges, etc.)
- Meticulous record keeping and tremendous attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to read and comprehend fabricated/machine drawings.
- GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance) knowledge.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of First Article Inspection process and Training Programs.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms. Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.