Supports assigned program managers and projects to assure best-in-class quality for product and provide seamless communication between Columbia Tech project team and customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the project team to understand client quality requirements.
- Work with the project team during the development of new products to understand project quality needs.
- Development and execution of project specific control plans.
- Generation and execution of quality assurance forms
- Collaborate with Project Managers (PM’s) to analyze customer ECN’s and ensure effective implementation to the pilot production floor, including reviewing and communicating impacts of any changes (e.g., financial, inventory, WIP, open supplier orders, etc.).
- Drive improvement of Quality through analyzing non-conformances (NC’s) and performing root cause analysis of discrepancies. Propose, review and implement approved corrective and preventive actions. Support non-conforming material issues resolution with suppliers.
- Collaborate with all internal groups and customers to help determine root cause of customer issues, complaints, and CAPAs using various techniques including but not limited to Reenactment, PFMEA, Control Plans, Five Whys, Ishikawa (fishbone) Diagrams, Pareto Analysis, etc.
- Lead the Quality Control inspection process.
- Develop skills as a Trainer to new QC Inspection resources.
- Development of quality and inspection plans.
- Under direction of the Logistics Manager, assist in the development and execution of supplier audit plans.
- Contribute to the ongoing assessment of current and new potential suppliers.
- Support continuous supplier improvement through collection of data and performing statistical analysis.
- Build strong rapport with customers and suppliers through generating data and presenting quality metrics to meet or exceed mutually defined expectations.
- Work with program managers, manufacturing engineers, and pilot production manager to identify trends and propose and implement corrective actions.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator, and tenacious follow up required.
- Superior customer service attitude.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science or engineering discipline. Significant and applicable professional experience may be considered in lieu of certain educational requirements.
- Strong electro-mechanical orientation.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred.
- Proven problem solver.
- Knowledge of IPC 610 and 620 standards required. Certified training beneficial.
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.