Supports assigned customers to assure best-in-class quality for product and provide seamless communication between Columbia Tech project team and customer. This position corresponds to a Senior Quality Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead by example and promote the criticality of strict compliance adherence at Columbia Tech.
- Lead in the training of personnel on workmanship and quality standards, where applicable.
- As part of the Columbia Tech team, assure all outgoing product is manufactured in a compliant manner.
- Support process qualification/validation and new product introduction processes, where applicable.
- Development and execution of Quality Plans for customer accounts.
- Review device history records for quality approval, where applicable.
- Support and execute Redline and Engineering Change Notifications (ECN’s) processing. Collaborate with Project Managers (PM’s) to analyze customer ECN’s and ensure effective implementation to the production floor through proper use of the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process, including reviewing and communicating impacts of any changes (e.g., financial, inventory, WIP, open supplier orders, etc.), as it pertains to Quality.
- Suggest improvements to ECN/ECO process that lead to improved efficiency, accuracy, and quality.
- Drive improvement of Columbia Tech Quality through analyzing non-conformances (NC’s) and performing root cause analysis of discrepancies. Propose, review and implement approved corrective and preventive actions.
- Collaborate with all internal groups and customers to help determine root cause of customer issues, Complaints, and CAPAs using various techniques including but not limited to Reenactment, PFMEA, Control Plans, Five Whys, Ishikawa (fishbone) Diagrams, Pareto Analysis, etc.
- Support Supplier Quality Engineering with non-conforming material issues resolution with suppliers, where applicable.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to help determine root cause of customer issues.
- Support the Quality Control inspection process, where applicable. Develop specific Quality Assurance Forms (QAF’s), when required. Provide Training, as needed.
- Support the development of quality Receiving Incoming Inspection (RII) plans, as needed.
- Assist in regulatory audit for customer accounts.
- Continually build strong rapport with customers through data collection, metrics generation and presentations.
- Promptly respond to manufacturing floor quality issues, taking appropriate action within the Columbia Tech Quality System.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers, assembly, production and test to identify trends and propose and implement corrective actions.
- Collaborate with Engineering to develop optimal work order routings, where applicable.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, PM’s and Operations on managing the Material Review Board (MRB) process.
- Support improvement projects, where applicable.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator, and tenacious follow up required.
- Superior customer service attitude.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science or engineering discipline. Significant and applicable professional experience may be considered in lieu of certain educational requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in electro-mechanical manufacturing field preferred.
- Experience in ISO 9001 requirements is preferred.
- Strong electro-mechanical orientation.
- Proven problem solver.
- Knowledge of IPC 610 and 620 standards beneficial.
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Word and Excel such as keyboard short cuts, creating macros and forms, table techniques, working with images, text and pivot tables.
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Visio such as creating Visio diagrams, creating custom styles and templates, cross functional flow charts, linking drawings to other MS applications, working with data, custom reports, and exporting is valuable.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.