Supports Quality Engineering with assigned customers to assure best-in-class quality for product and provide seamless communication between Columbia Tech Quality Engineering, Project team and customer, as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works under the direction of Quality Engineering in a supporting role.
- Under direction of the Quality Engineer, assist in the development and execution of production quality processes.
- As required, will collaborate with Project team members to ensure effective implementation of product to the production floor.
- Support QE department on improvement of Quality through analyzing non-conformances (NC’s) and performing root cause analysis of discrepancies.
- Support quality team in reviewing and implementing approved corrective and preventive actions.
- Support non-conforming material issues resolution including; MRB’s, RMA’s, metrics, etc..
- Work with QE to help determine root cause of customer issues.
- Support Quality Engineering in other areas including: Quality data entry, report generation, quality investigations, metrics generation, etc..
- Provides training of personnel on specific quality criteria, where required (i.e. Workmanship and quality standards).
- As part of the Columbia Tech team, assure all outgoing product is manufactured in a compliant manner. Promotes the criticality of strict compliance adherence.
- Development, maintenance and execution of company quality documentation, as needed.
- Suggest improvements that lead to improved efficiency, accuracy, and quality.
- Meet or exceed established performance metrics.
- Support the Quality Control inspection process, as needed.
- Support the development of quality and inspection plans, where needed.
- Support continuous improvement through collection of data and performing statistical analysis.
- Support Quality Engineering through generating data and presenting quality metrics to meet or exceed mutually defined expectations.
- Promptly respond to manufacturing floor quality issues for supporting accounts and taking appropriate action within the Columbia Tech Quality System, where applicable.
- Work with Quality Engineers, Assembly, Production and Test to identify trends. Propose and help implement corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Engineering.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator and tenacious follow up required.
- Superior customer service attitude.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Associate’s degree preferred in a science or engineering discipline. Significant and applicable experience in Quality considered in lieu of certain educational requirements.
- Previous electro-mechanical knowledge/experience preferred.
- Experience in cGMP organizations preferred.
- Proven problem solver.
- Knowledge of IPC 610 and 620 standards beneficial.
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Word and Excel such as keyboard short cuts, forms, table techniques, working with images, text and pivot tables.
- A plus: Advanced Level Skills in MS Visio such as creating Visio diagrams, creating custom styles and templates, cross functional flow charts, working with data, custom reports, and exporting is valuable.
- Works in an office and production environment,
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.