Perform a variety of inspections at various levels of assembly and manufacturing, including first article, in-process, and final inspections of complex electro-mechanical assemblies for conformance to specifications to determine acceptance or rejection.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect complex electro-mechanical assemblies utilizing visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Prepare required inspection documentation such as written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering specifications.
- Work within a project team to execute defined inspection tasks.
- Professionally represent the Coghlin Companies values of respect, open and transparent communications, and integrity.
- 1 yr. working in the Electro-mechanical industry
- Familiarity with assembly blueprints, bills of materials, etc.
- Familiarity with inspection tools: calipers, scales, micrometers
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of IPC-A-620 workmanship standards.
- Knowledge of inspection reporting.
- Understanding of how to identify non-conforming material properly.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency without compromising quality
- Strong attention to detail.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms. Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.