Perform incoming inspections including first article inspection of complex machined and fabricated parts for conformance to specifications and determine acceptance or rejection.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect complex machined and fabricated parts using advanced measuring and layout instruments and equipment, visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Prepare required inspection documentation such as written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering specifications.
- Must be able to pass a Dimensional Measurement and Color ID Review.
- Must wear steel toe shoes.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation and ability to travel to other company locations.
- Flexibility to work OT when needed including some Saturdays.
- Understanding of how to identify non-conforming material properly.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an mechanical inspector.
- Proficient with using all types of measuring equipment (pin gauges, thread gauges, calipers, micrometers, height gauges, etc.).
- GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance) knowledge.
- Works with direct supervision; once familiar with job requirements will transition to working without direct supervision.
- Strong knowledge of First Article Inspection process.
- Ability to read and comprehend fabricated/machine drawings.
- Understanding Electro Static Discharge (ESD) controls.
- Ability to test and inspect cables and harnesses.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms. Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.