Perform incoming inspections including first article inspection of complex machined and fabricated parts for conformance to specifications and determine acceptance or rejection.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect complex machined and fabricated parts using advanced measuring and layout instruments and equipment, visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Prepare required inspection documentation such as written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering specifications.
- Must be able to pass a Dimensional Measurement and Color ID Review.
- Must wear steel toe shoes.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation and ability to travel to other company locations.
- Flexibility to work OT when needed including some Saturdays.
- Understanding of how to identify non-conforming material properly.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as an mechanical inspector
- Ability to learn and work with specialized inspection equipment (i.e.CMM, comparator, etc…
- Proficient working with inspection tools: microscope, magnifier.
- Able to work with effectively little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to understand and execute First Article Inspections to meet requirements.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Meticulous record keeping and tremendous attention to detail
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms. Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.