Under limited supervision, install, remove, calibrate, maintain and repair electrical and mechanical test equipment and refrigeration equipment in engineering and manufacturing environments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and maintain refrigeration systems.
- Set up, update and configure electrical and mechanical test equipment to customer specifications.
- Perform periodic maintenance on test equipment including cleaning, calibrating and replacing worn parts.
- Perform on-demand mechanical, refrigeration and electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- Follow maintenance procedures.
- Keep accurate maintenance records.
- High school diploma or GED; Associates Degree in electronics or equivalent experience preferred.
- Outstanding analytic ability.
- Proficiency interpreting electrical and refrigeration schematics.
- Practical experience implementing EPA refrigerant management regulations.
- Must have Universal EPA refrigeration certificate.
- Ability to braze and solder with quality fit and finish.
- Proficiency making electrical measurements and interpreting results.
- Familiarity with Windows-based operating systems.
- Ability to install and configure PC software.
- Ability to diagnose and repair simple PC hardware, software and networking issues.
- Experience with computer I/O, serial and Ethernet communications preferred.
- Ability to precisely follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently and manage small projects.
- Excellent English communication skills (both verbal and written); ability to communicate professionally with customers.
- Moderate proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Neat, clean appearance.
- Ability to travel up to 5% travel to customer sites across the U.S. on short notice and perform on-call service work.
- Must pass a complete background and drug screening.(Extra screening can be performed as needed
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.