The Senior Buyer / Commodity Manager position provides a single point of contact for the sourcing, price negotiations, procurement, and availability within an assigned set of commodities, parts, and/or suppliers. This position develops, maintains, and enhances the supply chain to provide a competitive advantage for Cogmedix. In addition, this position will ensure supply chain alignment consistent with ERP signals as well as inputs from key internal stake holders including, but not limited to, Program Management, Operations (Supply Chain, Manufacturing Operations, Planning, etc.), and senior management. This position’s specific responsibilities include price and terms negotiation with suppliers, placing purchase orders on suppliers, managing delivery schedules consistent with business requirements, ensuring supplier delivery of quality material, managing inventory levels to ensure cost effective production support, and driving cost/price/service improvements with the supplier.
- Provide competitive sourcing options to the company and our Customers in support of RFQ activity.
- Negotiate costs, terms / VPA’s, services, delivery requirements, and flexibility strategies with suppliers.
- Place and execute purchase orders consistent with ERP signals.
- Review ECN’s and coordinate material effectivity date that ensures continuity of supply, utilization of existing inventory, and design enhancements are effectively addressed.
- Collaborate with Planners, Program Management, Engineering, Quality, and Operations to coordinate supplier activity to meet production and program objectives.
- Conduct market research, stays informed of market trends and incorporates that intelligence into sourcing and supplier negotiations.
- Is the 1st level escalation for any Supplier compliance concerns; delivery, quality, communication.
- Provides Supplier evaluation communication on a consistent cadence to ensure concerns, as well as positive performance, are communicated effectively and consistently.
- Drives for continuing improvement in all pertinent supplier metrics.
- Other duties as required.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator, tenacious follow up, and superior organization skills.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in technical or business field required.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, and problem solving skills required.
- Purchasing, Mechanical Engineering, and/or Operations experience required.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and technical specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and sound judgement are essential.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and experience with an ERP system.
- NAPM or APICS certification desired.
- Effective in communicating at all levels with Suppliers and internal Cogmedix.