As a technical leader, the Senior Development Manufacturing Engineer will manage and oversee Manufacturing Engineering activities in the Engineering Services projects. The Senior Development Manufacturing Engineer will drive continuous improvement on their individually assigned product accounts in addition to departmental processes and procedures.
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Engineering, the Senior Development Manufacturing
- Provide engineering, operational, Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma leadership and mentoring.
- Lead by example and promote the criticality of strict compliance adherence at Cogmedix.
- Lead in the training of personnel, including customers and suppliers on workmanship and quality standards.
- Compliantly implement and maintain Cogmedix procedures.
- Collaborate with Program Managers, Manufacturing Engineers and other departments to analyze customer ECO’s and ensure effective implementation to the production floor through proper use of the Cogmedix ECO process.
- As part of the ECO Process and new proposal review, oversee the management of the customer BOM structure, creation of part numbers and structuring of Supplier Relationships and costs. Define PP/PA/Phantom, Commodity codes, documentation packages commodity and Work Instruction evaluation.
- As part of the ECO Process, oversee the generation and updating of DMR Indexes to ensure accuracy.
- As part of the ECO Process, provide ECO final approval for release.
- Oversee 100% ECO implementation accuracy.
- Oversee ECO implementation performance metrics.
- Effectively interact with customers and internal departments to create value-add propositions.
- Working with all internal groups, identify trends and process gaps and suggest and assist in the implementation of corrective actions and process improvements.
- Oversee the development and approvals of optimal work order routings and Device History Records.
- Review redlined documentation and review prior to sign off.
- Provide support in the development of Nonconformance documentation.
- Responsible for complex troubleshooting efforts. Generation of Rework Instructions and review and approve prior to implementation. Generate the more complex Rework Instructions and assist when needed.
- Lead and oversee the development and deployment of Lean Manufacturing Cells.
- Working with the Quality Department, support the development of quality and inspection plans.
- Oversee regular audits of calibrated tools, tools requiring Preventive Maintenance and perishable floor stock items.
- Oversee the training of Assembly Technicians, Test Technicians and Quality Inspectors on procedures as needed.
- Oversee and review the generation of process validation/qualification documentation (e.g., validation protocols, IQ/OQ/PQ) and lead the implementation of protocols and completion of reports.
- Lead and oversee the preparation of Process Flows, PFMEA’s, Time Studies and Value Stream Mapping.
- Evaluate Product Performance Data and Internal Metrics for stability and continuous improvements, utilizing Six Sigma practices where appropriate, including SPC (statistical process control).
- Support the development of quality and inspection plans.
- Generate Manufacturing Engineering Bulletins to communicate Continuous Improvement Opportunities to customers.
- Lead a team and contribute in DFcx exercises.
- Generate Risk analysis, Risk management and Risk reports.
- Oversee Customer Specific Team Meetings.
- Oversee new customer documentation package review.
- Lead and oversee co-build activities.
- Oversee containment of nonconforming product.
- Approve rework instructions and non-conformances.
- Review and approve Equipment enrollment forms.
- Support DFcx Engineering programs.
- Perform other activities as directed.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator, and tenacious follow up required.
- Superior customer service attitude.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong electro-mechanical and opto-mechanical orientation.
- Experience in ISO 13485 certified and cGMP organizations preferred.
- Proven problem solver with multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks to align with the goals of the department and organization as a whole.
- Knowledge of IPC 610 and 620 standards beneficial.
- Advanced ability to read, interpret and understand engineering documentation including assembly drawings, detailed component drawings, optical schematics, electrical schematics, pneumatic schematics, and wire run lists.
- Must be able to climb stairs and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or manufacturing discipline. Eight or more years of related
manufacturing experience and technical document control may be considered in lieu of certain educational requirements.
- 10+ year’s professional experience in medical subassembly and finished device manufacturing preferred.
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint such as keyboard short cuts, creating forms, table techniques, working with images, text, and pivot tables preferred.
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Visio such as creating Visio diagrams, creating custom styles and templates, cross functional flow charts, linking drawings to other MS applications, working with data, custom reports,
and exporting is valuable.
- SolidWorks and PDM experience is preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of Lean concepts and Six Sigma Black Belt training is preferred.