This position will be responsible for senior-level troubleshooting and administration of the company’s server/LAN/WAN environment. It will include the participation in and oversight of the daily maintenance, administration, and optimization of the company’s network infrastructure and computer systems as well as planning for future technologies, designing, and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, configure, and support LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, firewall, monitoring, load balancing and filtering technologies.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other IT teams to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of all technologies to meet business demands.
- Perform file system configuration and management; define and perform server backups and recovery procedures.
- Recommend, plan, and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Identify and troubleshoot network, server, and software problems and escalate when necessary.
- Recommend/develop policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure server security.
- Coordinate with other department and IT teams for all cross-functional actions/issues.
- Participate in strategic planning efforts related to Network and Information Security, ISO compliance and best practice implementations.
- Perform systems management, patch management, software distribution, remote access, and security functions and contribute to the ongoing improvement of these systems and processes.
- Review, analyze, diagnose, and resolve trouble issues, perform scheduled work, and perform proactive maintenance.
- Conduct research on server hardware, software, and protocols in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Develop and maintain training materials and server/network documentation.
Job Description Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field preferred previous experience with MS Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, and Active Directory, SQL, VMware, Unitrends or other backup technologies.
- Experience with wireless/networking technologies; including Cisco or Extreme products.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in managing and configuring network infrastructure.
- Cisco and Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Expert level understanding of core IT infrastructure, best practices, and implementation strategies (security, GPO, high-availability).
- Layer 2 Switching and Configuration Options and Layer 3 Routing Protocols and Configurations.
- Storage (SAN/NAS DAS) experience nice to have.
- Strong technical and communications documentation skills.
- Able to estimate, plan, and organize tasks associated with the role with minimal assistance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to participate in on-call rotations in a 7x24x365 shop.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
Generally, works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted, climb stairs, and crawl beneath desks and in tight areas.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.