Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, this position will be responsible for senior-level administration of the company’s server, SAN, LAN, WAN and Wi-Fi environments. Working on a team of three to four technical people, you’ll balance projects and multiple break/fix tickets simultaneously, in a fast paced and highly supportive team atmosphere.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain Windows virtual machines on VMWare vCenter with a Nimble SAN.
- Maintain SSL certificates, file/print servers, and application servers in a Windows domain.
- Create or modify AD GPOs and PowerShell scripts.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other IT teams to ensure system availability.
- Conduct research on server hardware, software, and technologies in support of procurement efforts.
- Develop and maintain training materials and technical documentation.
- Working from a ticket queue, keep pace with incoming tickets.
- Working with your manager and from a project plan, complete projects on time.
- Significant experience with MS Windows Server and Active Directory required.
- Significant level of understanding of core IT infrastructure required.
- Good experience with VMware ESXi and vCenter, Microsoft Exchange (O365), SQL, backup technologies, Cisco network switching, Wi-Fi, SAN and WAN.
- Cisco and Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Strong technical and communication skills with ability to document technical infrastructure.
- Able to estimate, plan, and organize tasks associated with minimal assistance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to participate in on-call rotations.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable and friendly manner, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Generally, works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms. Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.