The Senior Manager, Continuous Improvement, leads and participates in a variety of Operational Excellence (OpEx) programs focused on continuous improvement of KPIs and their supporting processes, including, but not limited to customer satisfaction and value, on time delivery, inventory turns and accuracy, and profit. These projects may be short, or long term, and may benefit any part of the organization. These projects may fall into numerous categories including, but not limited to the following: Continuous Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma Program Management, 6S, Value Add / Value Engineering, Buy Fewer Parts, KPI Metrics and Analysis, Electronic Systems expertise and training, MES launch, SPL™, Inventory Control and Turns, and more.
- Foster a culture of Compliance and Operational Excellence, promoting the Cogmedix motto “Cogmedix = Compliance in all aspects of manufacturing operations.
- Collaborating with others and working within a matrixed organization, lead and/or participate in a variety of Cogmedix and Coghlin Companies’ continuous improvement programs including, but not limited to:
- On Time Delivery / Customer Build and Delivery Strategies
- Inventory Accuracy / Turns / Cycle Counting / Flow Strategies
- Customer Satisfaction
- Supplier / KanBan / VMI Strategies
- Lean / Six Sigma / 6S Strategies
- Value Add / Value Engineering
- Defect Reduction / Poke Yoke
- Buy Few Parts
- Business systems improvements
- Process improvements from “quote to cash”
- Facility improvements and space optimization
- Others as needed
- Perform in-house training of Continuous Improvement techniques, directly training and supporting outside resources.
- Collaborate with SPL™ team and Manufacturing Quality Engineers on cell design/layout and BOM structure improvements.
- SPL™ team member leading and coordinating Continuous Improvement activities.
- Maintain cGMP’s and compliance to the Cogmedix Quality System.
- Performs other responsibilities and projects as directed.
- Positive attitude, excellent communications skills, self-motivator, tenacious follow up, and superior organization skills.
- Superior customer service (internal and external) attitude required.
- College degree desired, preferably in an operations or STEM discipline. Applicable professional experience may be considered in lieu of certain educational requirements.
- 5+ years’ experience in complex electro-mechanical manufacturing environment required, 10 years preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in a medical device manufacturing environment required, 5 years preferred.
- Operations management software (ERP/MRP/MES/WMS) experience required. Epicor ERP, Omnify PLM, and Aegis MES experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of CAD tools highly desirable, SolidWorks preferred.
- Certification as a Six Sigma Black Belt and/or Lean Expert highly desired.
- Working knowledge of cGMP, FDA QSR (21 CFR 820), ISO 13485:2016, QOP’s, work rules and safety guidelines highly desirable.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English.
- Ability to read and understand detailed instructions, manufacturing procedures, and drawings.
- Knowledge of assembly and test methods required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
- A demonstrated commitment to company values required.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.