Plan, prepare, issue, and support prototype and pre-production schedules with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet program requirements; Maintain MRP Master Data Requirements, integrity, and accuracy; Ensure shipments are accomplished to meet customer expectations and business objectives for inventory management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide delivery commitments to Program Managers supported by materials lead time and capacity analysis.
- Create and manage work orders in preparation in accordance with build schedule requirements. Ensure kits are complete and lower level “makes” are prepared to meet demand requirements.
- Assist in the analysis of supply chain issues, work in progress, and potential build setbacks and participate in providing recommendations to assure delivery requirements are satisfied.
- Work with the procurement team to balance the material flow from suppliers to build projects based on MRP demand.
- Lead the engineering change order materials analysis to ensure correct configuration of material drive including break down of assemblies. Anticipate and report any potential impact to programs for proposed Engineering changes
- Manage work orders to closure through finance and reconciliation of variances.
- Review customer projects and sales order (enter and update them when required) while collaborating with program managers.
- Work with engineering and pre-production teams to ensure accuracy of BOMs.
- Support risk mitigation activities pertaining to material demand.
- Lead and manage large and complex customer accounts
- Provide support and guidance to other CTE planners.
- Lead by example in alignment with the Coghlin Companies core values and mission in daily interaction and communication with team members and customers
- Lead planning process improvement projects
- Subject Matter Expert for Product Development planning activities
- Performs other duties as required.
- Demonstrated planning leadership in complex customer accounts
- Minimum 10 years of planning experience in a high mix environment.
- Thorough understanding of MRP systems, BOM structures and Materials Planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or Supply Chain discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Expert MS Office skills in Word and Excel; must be highly proficient in creating and updating complex spreadsheets in Excel.
- Epicor ERP experience is a plus.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Tenacious follow through in meeting committed deliverables.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding customer service attitude.
- APICS CPIM preferred.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation and ability to travel to other company locations.
- Flexibility to work extended hours when needed.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.