This position is responsible to ensure that the Columbia Tech PCB Operation produces product with the utmost efficiency and lowest defect rates. In addition, the incumbent will assist the Bid and Proposal organization by quoting PCB labor, in order to win new business, while maintaining profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide labor quotes in a timely fashion.
- Program new assemblies using Aegis CircuitCam software.
- Update placement programs per ECO’s
- Review PCB manufacturing processes and optimize to reduce defects.
- Thermally profile reflow and wave solder equipment.
- Provide floor support, to ensure processes are optimal and resolve documentation conflicts.
- BSME or BSEE and 5 to * years in a PCB production environment (CM preferred).
- Placement equipment knowledge, Mydata and Juki/Fuji preferred.
- AOI programming and debug. Familiarity with Mirtec preferred.
- In depth knowledge of automated PCB programming software, CircuitCam preferred.
- In depth knowledge of the screen print process.
- Extensive soldering experience, both reflow and wave, with hands-on profiling experience.
- Experience ordering and reviewing PCB production tooling.
- Practical PCB DFM knowledge.
- Develop capital equipment recommendations and perform ROI analysis.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
- Approximately 90% of the work is performed in a precision, light industrial production area. The remaining time will be spent in office and warehouse areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.