Provides overall managerial, day-to-day leadership and direction to the manufacturing operations.
Formulates and executes strategies to maximize capital, material, and human resource utilization in attaining production objectives and best-in-class quality, within established cost parameters.
Develops our caring associates, including motivation, communication, training/cross-training and job satisfaction. Drives Lean manufacturing strategies, establishment of goals, and monitoring results with PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that safe manufacturing techniques and tools are being utilized.
- Ensure that associates have proper training to perform their roles safely while they adhere to outlined safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely resolution of any unsafe practices or conditions.
- Implement and lead Lean manufacturing strategies to continuously reduce costs, inventory, and lead-times while improving product quality and process efficiency.
- Establish and enforce procedures to eliminate waste and sustain Lean initiatives
- Champion 6S implementation, maintenance and associate participation.
- Encourage associates to provide ideas for continuous improvement
- Identify those requirements which would affect quality and ensure the necessary guidelines are documented in procedures, work instructions, and training plans.
- Identify, report, and propose resolutions to any quality problems or discrepancies.
- Collaborating with the Quality team, ensuring all direct reports associates have been trained properly and have appropriate training records on file.
- Ensure all written work instructions are followed accurately and compliantly.
- Perform capacity planning to determine staffing levels required to meet production schedules
- Responsible for all aspects of assembly and test staffing, including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Use analytical skills to assess department needs and develop short and long-term strategies for improvement.
- Utilize appropriate strategic and tactical planning and communication techniques to ensure all associates are clear on daily and weekly production goals and expectations.
- Expand and develop the skills of the production department associates through cross training and other methodologies to increase their capabilities
- Utilize ERP for various material analyses, production planning activities, and work order issuance.
- Communicate directly and effectively with customers and suppliers as needed.
- Other responsibilities and projects as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an operations or engineering discipline. Ten years minimum in a Manufacturing Management position overseeing medium volume electro-mechanical assembly
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively under pressure in a high paced work environment
- Positive attitude, excellent communications skills, self-motivator, tenacious follow up, and superior organization skills.
- Superior customer (internal and external) service attitude
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach, lead and inspire caring associates
- Operations management software (ERP/MRP/MES/WMS) experience preferred.
- Recognized as a leader who is decisive, has strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple functions to meet required deadlines and delight customers.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English.
- Ability to read and understand detailed instructions, manufacturing procedures, and drawings.
- Knowledge of medium volume electro-mechanical assembly and test methods.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- A demonstrated commitment to company values.
- Generally works in a “light” manufacturing environment.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to effectively communicate face-to-face and on the phone.
- Must be able to climb stairs, lift up to 30 lbs., and stand for prolonged periods of time.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.